- 28nm 4G LTE modem with integrated radio and cellular baseband reduces board area by approximately 35 percent
- Solution supports all 3GPP standards technologies including 4G LTE-Advanced with carrier aggregation, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA and EDGE/GSM
- Integrated IMS/VoLTE capability allows operators to deploy HD voice and other advanced features
- Carrier aggregation enables operators to combine frequency bands and deliver peak 4G LTE speeds
Compliant with all 3GPP specifications, the BCM21892 combines a full-featured cellular baseband with a world-band radio in a footprint that is approximately 35 percent smaller than current industry solutions. Advanced power management techniques save up to 25 percent of the power typically consumed during data transmissions to the network. The new modem also supports LTE Category 4 speeds of 150Mbps, operates in any 3GPP network and performs seamless hand-offs between the various 4G LTE, 3G and 2G interface technologies.
To support operators' evolution to 4G LTE networks, the BCM21892 features the following:
- A baseband with support for all current 3GPP standards technologies including LTE FDD and TDD, LTE-Advanced with carrier aggregation, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA and EDGE/GSM.
- An integrated world-band radio that can support virtually any designated 3GPP LTE frequency band and combination, a critical capability as operators prepare their networks for 4G LTE roaming. The radio also deploys advanced power management techniques that can save up to 25 percent of the power typically used when sending data to the network.
- A Voice over LTE (VoLTE) solution that enables high-definition voice calls over a mobile broadband connection — a key requirement of operators as they transition from legacy networks.
Broadcom's VoLTE service consumes approximately 40 percent less power than a comparable WCDMA voice call.
- Enhanced interoperability with
Broadcom's wireless coexistence technology, which minimizes the possibility of radio interference between Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 4G LTE, and enables carriers to provide a richer Wi-Fi offload experience.
- Ability to interface with a broad range of stand-alone applications processors, allowing OEMs to design the 4G LTE solution into a wide variety of mobile devices.
BCM21892 is now sampling to early access customers, with anticipated production in 2014.
Cautions Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
All statements included or incorporated by reference in this release, other than statements or characterizations of historical fact, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, including the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations, estimates and projections about our business and industry, management's beliefs, and certain assumptions made by us, all of which are subject to change. Forward-looking statements can often be identified by words such as "anticipates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "predicts," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "potential," "continue," "ongoing," similar expressions, and variations or negatives of these words. Examples of such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to,
references to our ability to offer OEMs the technologies needed to build advanced smartphone devices, the demand for 4G LTE network products, and the timing and volume production of the BCM21892. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future results and are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause our actual results to differ materially and adversely from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. Important factors that may cause such a difference for
Our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, recent Current Reports on Form 8-K, and other
Broadcom(R), the pulse logo, Connecting everything(R), and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of
Senior Manager, Public Relations (MWG)
Senior Director, Investor Relations
 LTE Category 4 speeds of 150Mbps in 20MHz of spectrum or through carrier aggregation of multiple smaller spectrum bands
News Provided by Acquire Media